Monday, August 1, 2011

Long Drives, Funerals, Sleepless Nights, Friends

At the funeral of my Father, Steve Godwin, I was able to get a photograph with my Grandma Della, Sisters', Brother and Cousin. Later, I was able to visit with Grandma Della before climbing back in the car to make the long arduous journey back to Utah.
This was the hardest trip I have every made in my whole life. I found out on Sunday Night (July 24th) @9pm that he had passed away. Mom and I left North Salt Lake on Monday morning @9am. We got to Atmore around Midnight Tuesday night. The viewing was Wednesday evening, funeral was Thursday morning and we left for home on Friday morning. I pulled into my house at 3:30am Sunday morning.
Oh, by the way during that time my family moved. My husband and children and my wonderful FANTASTIC coworkers moved me while I was gone. I am so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life.


No comments: